1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Format Payment Instructions Code

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by jagadekara, Jul 9, 2014.

1. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi friends,

In R12 when ever we save the payment then in back end Format Payment Instructions conc program will run and give us pdf output.

When I checked that It's a java concurrent program.

So I need actual code of that program. Where can I get that code?

2. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi Jagadekara,

Oracle does not provide the source code (*.java) file for the Java Concurrent Programs, only the *.class (binary).
    Normally, these classes are located under $JAVA_TOP/oracle/apps/iby (for the Oracle Payment Module [IBY]) - you can try to "decompile" using a Java decompiler once you get all the classes used to build this executable.

I don't know what your requirement is exactly but generally we need to "customize" the PDF output. The normal approach is to "configure" Oracle Payments module with a dedicated template (XML Publisher rtf template) as per your needs. You'll need the help of a Finance Functional Expert for the configuration of Oracle Payments part and the Technical team can work together by building the rtf template. You'll find more materials in the Oracle Payments Implementation + User guide as well as on the Oracle Community (community.oracle.com) + metalink.

3. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi rajen,

My functional consultant need the query of Format Payment Instructions Report.

It's giving output fine. When we check log file, there we can find the xml tags. We can save them as .xml and we can use for testing. We can find additional tags also in that if we want to show additional fields then based on that tags we can add it in rtf,

But I want to know how the tags will be generated?

I want to know the Query.

4. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi,

If that's the case, then I'm afraid you'll have to decompile the java classes to get the query !

Try starting from the program executable definition where the Java executable file name for Format Payment Instructions / IBY_FD_PAYMENT_FORMAT is "FDExtractAndFormatting". It's located under $JAVA_TOP/oracle/apps/iby/scheduler. You'll have to decompile FDExtractAndFormatting.class and most probably a certain number of other classes before reaching THE query you need.

It's not that simple and very often it's embedded under several layers of java classes (we've not done for this one ... but have seen the Java geeks in my team doing this type of search in other areas of EBS !!).

Good Luck !

P.S: We generally use "jad" decompiler - freeware.

5. koteswararao

koteswararao Active Member

format will done based on the pre defined code created in java . please check format template there we will provide one reference template. check in meta link with "Capture Extract: Mapping of XML Extract Elements with Table Columns"

jagadekara likes this.