1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

form server failing with network error

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by member.forums@gmail.com, Aug 13, 2009.

1. member.forums@gmail.com

member.forums@gmail.com Active Member

Hi

I have a forms 10g application deployed over a HPUX server.
    the problem is FRM-92102 error (a network error has occured)

whenever the server is restarted i.e. I access it for the first time I am able tologin to the forms and open few forms, after whic the server goes down with the above error.
    I have to restart the forms server because it would show the same error when try to connect agin

Is there some limit on the number of sessions which can be opened after which the connectio is not allowed because all of my forms open in a new session .

on other server same application runs fine without failing.
    but I am not able to figure out the configuration difference

Thanks
    Sapan

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Hi

Unfortunately there are hundreds of reasons for which FRM-92102 may occur. You may like to go through Metalink Note no 604633.1. which lists all the possible causes.

However from what you say it seems this is a problem with your session timing out. Rather than using HEARTBEAT to handle session timeout, it is possible to use a "TimeOut Bean". This is a PJC (Pluggable Java Component) that can be embedded in your form but requires extra code. The link below gives some example codes.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/products/forms/index.html

3. member.forums@gmail.com

member.forums@gmail.com Active Member

4. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

:) Glad it worked out