1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Form restriction using Form function parameter

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by Bharat, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi All,

We have added Common Lookup form in some user requested responsibility. Now how can we restrict that form function for only 1 lookup type value (As we want to restrict that form to display only 1 lookup type related to them)? Is it possible by using Form function parameters or any other way to achieve this ?

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

Is this within EBS?

3. Bharat

Yes this is in EBS.. If we add Lookup form, then I want to give access to that form for specific lookup type only, not for all types to access. Based on User login is it possible to do ?

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

I'm not entirely sure...though I suspect not w/o lots of coding. Are you referring to the Lookup used specifically for the Flexfield itself or one that refers to validation of a value?

5. sambuduk

sambuduk Forum Advisor

Hi Bharat,

You can try with Personalization. In WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE you can restrict.

Regards
    sambasiva Reddy.K

6. Bharat

Hi all,

Instead of personalization, I came across one more simple option to do this. Created new Form Function with parameter as LOOKUP_TYPE = "XX_LOOKUP_REQ". Then added this Function the required users responsibility menu.

7. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Bharat,

I can recollect this issue, u discussed it with me. Honestly i didn't paid much attention that time or couldn't fully understand the actual problem. Now i believe i'm clear...

Basically, u wanna restrict the common lookup form to display or query only one particular lookup type.
    Yes, this is the way to do it by passing the parameter LOOKUP_TYPE at function level.

Although we've got other options too. like personalization etc but to do this at function level and not form level i guess this is the simplest of them all.

Cheers !! :)

Bharat likes this.