1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

form Personalization

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by jagadekara, Jul 8, 2014.

1. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi All,

When I enter the invoice number in AP invoice form and click on tab then I need a message 'You are entering a New invoice'

So for this which trigger I need to use in Form Personalization in R12?

2. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi Jagadekara,

If you activate "Show Custom Events" with "(N) Help > Diagnostics > Custom Code > Show Custom Events", you'll get the event.

It's most probably "WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE" because when you press "Tab", you move to the next field generally except if there are other personalizations or Custom code (custom.pll) already built-in.

3. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Thanks rajen,

but It is firing before entering invoice number. but I need to display the message after entering the Invoice number and click on tab.

4. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Hi Jagadekara,

Just checked on my AP Inv. form:

1) On entering the invoice num. field you have 1 event WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE on field INVOICE_NUM (see screen shot AP Invoice1)

2) After entering Invoice Number and press tab you again get event WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE but on field INVOICE_CURRENCY_CODE as it's the next field in the forms normal navigation (see screen shot AP Invoice2). I suppose you can display message on this 2nd event. Hope am not missing something ?

Of course, the user can click on any other field after entering the invoice number and you won't get the message if it's configured on this 2nd event !
    Or you'll have to duplicate it for all possible navigation which is not practically possible ...:(.

Attached Files:

5. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Thanks Rajen,

I will check this....

In 12.1.3 version I created one Invoice Ex: Testinv1 for XXSupplier

So Again I am creating same invoice number for same supplier then it shows error as APP-SQLAP-10024 This value already exists.

I know this is a standard functionality in R12.

But I want to know how they setup like that? I observe that there are no form personalization s. Is there any profile for that?

6. rajenb

rajenb Forum Expert

Frankly speaking, I never queried this error:) and as far as I know, this has always existed (at least since 11i) and, according to me, this is a standard feature and in line with international accounting norms (a Functional Expert may confirm that).

There is no setup or personalization involved - the control (combination of Supplier + Invoice Number should be unique) must be hard-coded in the Form and/or Package called.