1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Form error 92012

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by Moonwalker, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Forum Advisor

Hi All,

I have just installed R12 on a linux box and the installation completed successful however i just this problem whenever a leave a form session for about 10 minutes.

oracle.forms.net.connectionException:Form session<1> aborted: unable to communicate with runtime process

I have spent more than 2days investigating this problem with on avail i not very technical all so any needs to be broken as simple as possible.

2. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

The following kink may help you fix the problem.

Troubleshooting

One chance could be , network glitches.

3. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Forum Advisor

How can i resolve this because on a windows platform it works well whilst on linux it gives this problem.

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Look in your sqlnet.ora file for an entry labeled sqlnet.expire_time; it may be set on the linux installation and missing on the Window installation. This would explain your 10-minute lifetime for an idle session on linux as this parameter is often times set to 10.

5. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Forum Advisor

Hi David,

Thanks for the information however the installation is on a sun virtual box. When i start it on Windows it works fine but on linux breaks every ten minutes.

time should i set it to

6. zargon

You should still have a sqlnet.ora file on the linux machine since the oracle client is installed so R12 can communicate with the database. Follow my suggestion; if it is set then try commenting it with a # (like in shell scripts) and see if that corrects the issue.

7. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Forum Advisor

David thanks for the response, i just want to repeat so i have a clear understanding as a new to linux and R12 installation.

1, sun virtual box client as Oracle Enter Linux running R12 installation.

2, When i host the Sunbox on windows and run R12 no.

3, When i host the sunbox linux -unbuntu and run R12 i get timeout.

I thing you are advising to go into Oracle Enter Linux and edit the sqlnet.ora and comment out "sqlnet.expire_tim"

I am i right? sorry if i come across and slow :)

8. zargon

Now that you have clearly described the problem it may be a linux system configuration issue, rather than a sqlnet timeout problem. You will need to consult the ubuntu documentation to determine if a default system setting is terminating sessions idle for 10 minutes or more and to see what you need to set to stop this behaviour.