1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Folders Component

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by andre.almeida, Jan 15, 2009.

1. andre.almeida

andre.almeida Active Member

Someone know How the Oracle UCM deal with Language Translation in Folders Component?
    I have a little problem. I would like..for example:

I have a Folder in Contributions Folders called "Administration Documents"
    If I change the language of UCM in user profile for Portuguese, I would like this Folder will have a name "Documentos Administrativos" instead "Administration Documents".

Anyone know how I should proceed?

Thx,

André Almeida

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi I am afraid the folder names are stored directly into the database and i am not aware of any language translation tool for the Folders component. Still your best bet is to ask oracle customer services if they have any such translation feature planned.

3. Sadik

A "dirty" solution can be running the values from the collections table for the column collectionname through a translater and running an update query with the results.

4. andre.almeida

Thanks for your answer Sadik...
    This "dirty" solution will can be
    I create a other column with the names translations in the table and according to user profile language selected, I "link" the column created by me.
    Is it?
    Thx,

5. andre.almeida

And...I want to have the English names too.
    I want to have English and Portuguese names.
    And according the language selected in user profile, the "folders" in the Folders will have your name changed or not. According the language selected. So i'm planning to create a second column with the "translation" of original language in Folders Component...and link this second column to the language selected in user profile. If user selected Portuguese, the name of Folders will be in Portuguese....If selected English..etc etc etc and so on.
    Any idea how to do this?
    Thx

6. Sadik

No you should not go about altering the system table by adding another column. I thought you have a long list of folders that you want to convert to portuguese. But if you want this to be a dynamic feature meaning users can change their language from their profiles then I am afraid it can't be done from the current structure.

Currently the system reads the folder labels directly from the table and all the users see the same name. So if you were to update a value it would change for everyone.

7. andre.almeida

Actually, the problem is not the translation of the folders.
    The main "thing" is: The user can choose the language that he want.
    If the user wants to use the UCM in English language...the name of the Folders will appear in English...
    If the user wants to use UCM in Portuguese Language..the name of the Folders will appear in Portuguese...
    Not only the UCM language changes...I want to change the name of Folders too...
    You understand?
    So...based on your answers...I could realize that is not possible for a while...
    =(
    Thanks

8. Sadik

ya i understood perfectly :) but the name of the folders are not going to change untill oracle integrates language translation with folders names.