1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Folder creation in UCM

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by Vijay Thagulla, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Vijay Thagulla

Vijay Thagulla Active Member

Hi All,

There is on security group eg:-New Profile,if any new profile check-in ucm automatically the folder structure will create on that perticular profile.

The folder structure should be ---root folder EMPID_EMPNAME(Emp001_ABC)
    Inside root folder 5 sub-folders like -----Emp Resume,Education details, Experience Details,Salary,Administrator

Let me know is there any possibility to create automatic folder creation when the new profile check-in inside UCM.

Give me your valuable suggestions on this issue.

Thanks.

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi,

Are you saying that whenever a new user is created, auttomatically a particular folder heirarchy should be created?

If yes, there is no such default functionality that can auto-create folders. You can however write a custom service which gets executed with add user service and calls the folder creation services. It would be a decent effort customization.

I would however suggest you don't go through this folder heirarchy for all users idea. Instead try creating a rule which assigns a different account to per user on the same folder. I haven't tried it but it may work for you.

3. Vijay Thagulla

Vijay Thagulla Active Member

Hi sadik,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any document which is related to component implementation and rule creation in UCM ?

Thanks.

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru