1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

flexfield view generator failed

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by mimi_miao, Aug 20, 2009.

1. mimi_miao

mimi_miao Active Member

hey guys! got some problem when I'm compiling the flexfield segments. It always says that the flexfield view generator (module FDFVGN) has failed and with this error.
    "Routine FDFGOC found no rows in table ALL_TAB_COLUMNS. Please contact your system administratos or support repesentative."

so for the mean time I am manually creating the gl_code_combinations_kfv view.

In order for me to resolve this prob. I want to locate/know the APPS db package that creates the gl_code_combinations_kfv view, I think this will surely help me solve this.

Thanks and regards!
    ;)

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

which responsibility are you using to compile the flexfield? Use system administrator responsibility and see if the error appears.

3. mimi_miao

mimi_miao Active Member

i already used that but still got the same error.

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Are you not able to compile any KFF or just one particular one. If it's only one KFF, which one?

5. mimi_miao

mimi_miao Active Member

i cant compile any KFF. so I just manually create the ...kfv view for the mean time.

6. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Hello

I have the same question as Sadik above. Can you not compile any flexfield of any module? It seems the all_tab_columns view is not generated at all.

7. mimi_miao

mimi_miao Active Member

if I may ask, where can I generate the all_tabs_columns view? cause it also says that this is the cause of the error.

8. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Hi

Actually there are 2 distinct processes that occur when the compile button is pressed for a flexfield.

1) The actual compile of the flexfield. This happens immediately from the form, and if there were errors in the compile, they would show at the form level.

2) A concurrent request is submitted to generate a view based on the flexfield segments defined. If a view does not generate, that does not mean the flexfield did not compile. A view generating error means the flexfield did compile. The view does not get generated until after a successful flexfield compile. Views are only generated for reporting purposes.

Now as you are probably aware there are two utilities fdfcmp and FNDFFVGN which are used to compile the flexfield and then generate the view. You can do the same also from a command line (which you are probably doing). You need to first ascertain whether the error is in compilation or generating the view. It seems it's the latter.

The thing you should do is goto the Key->Segments form and query for the KFF. Once you select compile button a request will be submitted to generate the view. From View->Requests form check the logfile associated with this. Check if the logfile has some ORA errors. So from there you can probably narrow the error down.

Hope this helped

9. mimi_miao

mimi_miao Active Member

the error occurs in concurrent request but there is no ORA error specified in the log files but only this message.
    "Routine FDFGOC found no rows in table ALL_TAB_COLUMNS. Please contact your system administratos or support repesentative."

10. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Did you drop the view ALL_TAB_COLUMNS manually ever? It might be that the view's create script is not considering the columns you have used in your KFF. To get a more detailed log set the environment variable FDFVGNLOG to a valid file name and then run FNDFFVGN from the command line. This will place the exact create statement it is attempting to use to create the view in the log file (pointed to by FDFVGNLOG).

Also note that failure to create this view does not affect the use of the flexfield. Flexfield code does not depend on this view. The view is created for informational purposes only.

11. mimi_miao

mimi_miao Active Member

Thanks for the help Sir, thou I got some questions to ask.
    1. Where can I find the environment variable FDFVGNLOG?

Thou I know that this view does not affect the flexfield I still want to resolve this issue for me to explore and learn more about GL11i.

Please have more patience with me cause I don't really have a good background with GL11i. I'm still trying to learn alot of things with it.

Thanks alot!