1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Export and Import tables from oracle database by using oracle developer form 6i

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by BILLAL HUSSAIN, Jan 26, 2009.

1. BILLAL HUSSAIN

BILLAL HUSSAIN Active Member

i want to export and import tables from oracle database 8i, by using oracle developer form 6i. i think it may be posible by DDL but i do n't know it's coding.

i like to press a push button for exporting/importing.

please reply me.

thank you
    ....................billal[/QUOTE]

2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Hi BILLAL, let me first explain what i understand.

1. You are developing a form using form developer 6i
    2. You want that you have a button on the form that can be used to export the current records in your form to an excel file.

Am I correct in my understanding? If yes then you will have to use something called the webutil utility. Since you are using forms 6i, you will have to use a version of webutil available for forms 6i that is called d2kwutil

If however i got you wrong and all you want to do is export tables from your database/schema and import it somewhere else, you need to use the import/export feature of oracle. This thread http://www.club-oracle.com/forums/f11/copy-entire-schema-from-one-database-to-another-t232/ may give you some hints in that case.

hope this helps. :)