1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Event alert firing multiple times

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by jagadekara, Mar 17, 2016.

1. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi All,

I am doing an event alert for after update on hr_api_transactions table in r12.

When an employee create an absence, we need to send an email.

So I created an event alert, but some times it is sending multiple emails and some time only one email sending.

This is my alert query.

Select (Select Papf.Email_Address From Per_All_People_F Papf Where Person_Id=Extractvalue(Value(Xx_Row), '/PerAbsenceAttendancesEORow/ReplacementPersonId') And Sysdate Between Papf.Effective_Start_Date And Papf.Effective_End_Date) Replace_Email

,(Select Papf.Full_Name From Per_All_People_F Papf Where Person_Id=Extractvalue(Value(Xx_Row), '/PerAbsenceAttendancesEORow/ReplacementPersonId') And Sysdate Between Papf.Effective_Start_Date And Papf.Effective_End_Date) Replace_By

,Papf2.Full_Name

,Extractvalue(Value(Xx_Row), '/PerAbsenceAttendancesEORow/DateStart') As Date_Start

,Extractvalue(Value(Xx_Row), '/PerAbsenceAttendancesEORow/DateEnd') As date_end

INTO &email,&replace_by,&employee_name,&date_start,&date_end

From Hr_Api_Transactions Xx_Api,

Per_All_people_f papf2,

Table(Xmlsequence(Extract(Xmlparse(Document Transaction_Document Wellformed),

'/Transaction/TransCache/AM/TXN/EO/PerAbsenceAttendancesEORow'))) Xx_Row

Where Xx_Api.rowid=:rowid

And Xx_Api.Creator_Person_Id=Papf2.Person_Id

And xx_api.status='Y'

And Sysdate Between Papf2.Effective_Start_Date And Papf2.Effective_End_Date

;

In Action sets I checked the check box Suppress Duplicates also, but still it is sending duplicate emails.

So any suggestion?

2. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

Hi,

I checked that, when we enter absence details in that form (before submit), hr_api_transactions table is populated. But status='W'.

Then when we click submit, that time status changed to Y. so I wrote status='Y' in my query. But still the table may updated again in some other columns.

That's why it is sending multiple times with same email. So how can we restrict this?