1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Error while terminating employees - Urgent

Discussion in 'Oracle HRMS & Payroll' started by Amy, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Amy

Amy Active Member

Hi All,

The issue is -- There are some employees who ideally should have been terminated in the system long back. Due to which the GTL kept running on them and now they are throwing error while trying to terminate them.

e.g - An employee was actually terminated in June 2010 ; in the system he still shows as Active Assignment. Although his pay roll was stopped but the termination process was never run on him.
    Now, in April 2011 ; when trying to terminate the assignment we keep getting the error " APP-PAY-51208 : You can not terminate this assignment Future Element Entries Exist."

Although I went to the element entry screen and end dated all assignment as of the date of termination , still getting the error.

Please help.

2. oliverp

oliverp Active Member

Hi Amy - not sure if your issue is still open but...

For the affected assignment can you please provide the following sql output:

1. select * from pay_element_entries_f where assignment_id = &affected_assignment_id order by effective_start_date desc

2. What are the actual termination and final process date you used?

3. Amy

Amy Active Member

Thanks for your input Oliver.

Well, the issue is kinda closed because i terminated those people with an effective date for the start of the year 2011.

As the problem was the cases were pending for more than an year and the Payroll has run their year-end process on them and it was becoming difficult to back out all the elements.

4. zangafa

zangafa Active Member

Dear Amy

I Have Solution To Your Case ... If You Still Have This Issue Please Let Me Know And If You Don't Mind The Transaction You Made "terminated those people with an effective date for the start of the year 2011" Is Totally Wrong :'( And Before I Give You The Solution Do You Enable The Retropay On Your Instance

5. Amy

Amy Active Member

Ok.....that was the only option available for me to take off those employees from the group of other Active employees.

Yes, it is enabled.

I would appreciate and wait to hear any solution.

Thanks,

6. zangafa

zangafa Active Member

Dear Amy

The Error you was facing with future element exists when you try to terminate employee not because there just element entries exists its not work like that Dear do you have Test to work with me on it ?!

if you have one try to simulate the issue on test and i will guide you to solution ok

and i will explain to you now why the system is giving you the error future entry exists

First of all you must know that each element take the end date in element entry screen from element description screen when you define the element at first time and you have 3 Option under the termination rule (Actual Termination,Final Close And Last Standard Process) what that means its means that the element will be end date depend on the data you will insert at the termination screen for example i have element call "Overtime Allowance" ok with termination rule Actual Termination so when you terminate the employee the system will try to but end date to the element "Overtime Allowance" with Actual Termination date, so if there any element exists after the Actual Termination for the element "Overtime Allowance" the system will give you an error how to fix it i will work with you on that on Test and i will guide you to fix it

7. tirtha.mcnallybharat

tirtha.mcnallybharat Active Member

Re: Error while terminating employees - Urgent--solution

hi ,

the same problem occurs in different organizations regularly.There are some way out that we follow in practice in our organization
    1.there is a seeded report called Full Assignment Details Report from where you can find the details of that employee's assignment that has changed during time.From there you can easily not out the desired future change.
    2.The important future activity that occurred is that though a employee is not paid the batch elements are uploaded in mass and some payroll archival processed for all affects that particular employee/---delete the batch from view option or rollback that if possible.
    3.i have created a DFF in termination screen to capture the actual date of termination if the person cant be terminated after trying all the above processes.Then What to do?terminate the employee at the system date or the date suitable and capture the actual date in DFF to keep a record.This is the solution possible to keep both side happy.

THANKS
    Arutirtha,

Sadik likes this.