1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Error while starting up Oracle database, I got the error "ORA-01194"

Discussion in 'Security, Backup and Recovery' started by venkat09102007, Jul 21, 2010.

1. venkat09102007

venkat09102007 Active Member

Hi,
    I have taken the backup of a database and when i restore the backup and started the Oracle database, the database is mounted. Then when i issue the "alter database open resetlogs" command, i got the below error.

ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent
    ORA-01110: data file 1: '/data/oracle/NYP15S1D/data03/SYSTEM_01.dbf'

So i added the parameter "_allow_resetlogs_corruption=TRUE" in "init.ORA" file to force open the database but the Oracle instance terminated with following message.

In the alert log the following error is there:

ksedmp: internal or fatal error
    ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [4000], [2], [], [], [], [], [], []

How can i resolve the issue?

Please note: the database is Oracle 9i, installed in UNIX AIX OS.

Thanks,

Regards,
    Venkatesh.

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

The original error message states the database has not been competely recovered whic has nothing at all to do with any log corruption. You NEED to recovver the database ato Oracle's satisfaction else you'll never be able to open it.

How did you backup this database? What were your recovery commands? Provide that information before anyone can hope to help you.

3. venkat09102007

venkat09102007 Active Member

Hi,
    Normally i am taking backup and restoration using "dsmc" commands in UNIX. When i took backup last time, the database did not shut down properly. so i forcefully kill the instance by killing the processes related to that instance. So when i try to using that backup data, it is giving this error "ORA-01194".

Is there any other work around available to open the database with that backup data?
    Its ok for me even the database is in inconsistent stage after open it.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Venkatesh.

4. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

No. Your forceful shutdown of the database caused the datafiles to be inconsistent with the controlfile. You have no good backup from this situation.