1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Error while launching Site Studio Designer

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by sandeepg, Jun 15, 2009.

1. sandeepg

sandeepg Active Member

Hi,

I am connecting into a remote machine (windows remote) where Site Studio Designer is installed. The site studio is installed under admin user while I am logging in with my user id/password. I don't have admin rights on the remote machine. Is there any specific rights that I need on the machine to launch Site Studio.

On the remote machine, I am trying to launch the Site Studio Desinger as follows

Go to Start -> Programs -> Oracle Universal Content Management -> Site Studio 10gR3 -> Site Studio designer

I am getting the following error (refer attached file)

Site Studio has encountered an unexpected Error. You can close Site Studio now or attempt to continue. (Note that if you choose to continue Site Studio may become unstable if it cannot recover from this error) View the log file for more details on this error.

On clicking the View Log File..., I get the following error
    Access to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Stellent\Site Studio\SSDesignerLogFile.xml was denied.

Attached Files:

2. markH

markH Forum Advisor

This looks like an OS file lock issue. Try restarting the remote server. And no as far as i know you don't need admin rights to launch site studio designer.

3. suratpccs

suratpccs Guest

Hi,

I am also getting the similar error while launching the Site Studio Designer.I have admin rights and when clicking on the "View Log File" button, it is showing some INFO and WARNING related to some dll files.
    I tried to attached the screen shot but not able to attach the screen shot due to big size of file.
    Any help will be great appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!!!
    Ram
    +91-9999465651

4. tgg

tgg Guest

Using 10gR4:

I am seeing the same errors/messages when attempting use this through Citrix. It was installed on the Citrix box under my account (a local administrator) and I can run it either locally on the console of the box or through the published app. However, other users get the messages posted above whether they are local to the box or running the published app. One of the local tests was with an account that is in the local administrators group. Is this not going to work except for the account that installed it?

The log file:

[Site Studio Designer] 02/04/12 08:37:55 Site Studio Designer Logfile Initialized
    [SSLoggerEngine] 02/04/12 08:37:56 Failed to load language specific resource library (M:\Program Files\Oracle\Universal Content Management\Site Studio\Designer\10gR4\resources\en\SSLoggerEngineRes.dll)
    [SSCommonMfc] 02/04/12 08:37:56 Failed to load language specific resource library (M:\Program Files\Oracle\Universal Content Management\Site Studio\Designer\10gR4\resources\en\BCGCBProRes.dll)
    [SSCommonMfc] 02/04/12 08:37:56 Failed to load language specific resource library (M:\Program Files\Oracle\Universal Content Management\Site Studio\Designer\10gR4\resources\en\SSCommonMfcRes.dll)
    [Site Studio Designer] 02/04/12 08:37:56 Failed to load language specific resource library (M:\Program Files\Oracle\Universal Content Management\Site Studio\Designer\10gR4\resources\en\SiteStudioDesignerRes.dll)
    [SSHtmlTidy Control] 02/04/12 08:38:01 Failed to load language specific resource library (M:\Program Files\Oracle\Universal Content Management\Site Studio\Designer\10gR4\resources\en\SSHtmlTidyRes.dll)

Thanks for any assistance!!
    TG

5. manoj.dillon

manoj.dillon Guest

Hi,

I have faced this issue in past and it was resolved after uninstalling ie8 form the machine running SS designer. Download the latest SS component and see the release notes for the issue fix (may be).

Thanks,
    Manoj

Sadik likes this.