1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Error During Creating a Component !!

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by ah.yasar, May 22, 2009.

1. ah.yasar

ah.yasar Active Member

I have created the component using the component wizard ..
    after creating the component , i made it into a zip file and then installed it ..
    but there was an error saying "manifest.hda is missing" so i changed the personal_folder.hda file to manifest.hda ..
    i just renamed it ..
    but when installing this component so new error is coming ..
    the error is -- >

unable to read manisfest.hda file in C:\oracle\ucm\..... directory ..
    please use the "build settings" from "menu" option to create the manifest.hda file ..

But how to build the manifest using that build settings ??

Thanks And Regards ..

A.H.Yasar

2. ah.yasar

ah.yasar Active Member

i figured it out myself .. lol
    when we create a component using the component wizard on the server itself , no need of installing it .. we just need to enable it ..
    I was trying to install the component and so some errors were crawling up ..

but then , still , the component is not working ..
    i mean im not getting the desired results ..

3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

hi yasar... sorry i missed the thread. Well if you want to create a component from the server, you just need to start the component wizard, then click on Add. Then you go ahead with the name and type of component. Once you have put your code in your resource file etc, you just need to enable it. Here when you Add the component from tthe component wizard it automatically creates the manifest.hda and other files in the <UCM>/custom folder. Let me know what problem you are facing. By the way what kind of component are you building?

ah.yasar likes this.
  4. ah.yasar

ah.yasar Active Member

Im creating a component for altering the menu bar ..
    I need to get a extra button called "personal folders" beside the logout button ..
    the wrote the following code in the nav.js file and i was successful ..
    but when im creating the component with the same code , no results are fetching up ..

the code is

if (navBuilder.menuA != null)
    {
    navBuilder.addChildNodeTo(
    'NAVTREE',
    'item',
    'id==COLLECTION_DISPLAY',
    'label==Personal Folder',
    'url==http://10.50.1.78/idc/idcplg?IdcService=COLLECTION_DISPLAY&hasCollectionID=true&dCollectionID=2');
    navBuilder.menuA.addTopLevelNode("COLLECTION_DISPLAY");
    }

please help me solve this issue ..