1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Enterprise asset management

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by Julian, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Julian

Julian Forum Advisor

Hi, i wanted to ask about a business scenario we have regarding EaM implementation.

our client has four different manufacturing units but one centralised Maintenance Department. Now each of the manufacturing units have their own resources. However the maintenance dept has a central stores department from where the materials needed for maintenance need to be issued.

so how do we map this in EAM. Do we create a new inventory org for the maintenance department. Then how do we transact the resources? and if we EaM enable the 4 manufacturing units, how do we issue materials?

i know this is quite complicated so any tips would be appreciated

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

which version you are using? in R12 there is a new feature introduced called Inter-Organization transfer. you can look at it.

3. Julian

Julian Forum Advisor

yes we are using R12. we looked at inter-org transfers. currently as i see it we have 4 different inventory orgs and one centralized maintenance inventory org. but what do i do with the material issue?

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

you can have a subinventory called maintenance in all the 4 manufacturing units. You should do an inter-org transfer to these subinventories for materials.

5. Pra Barn Wall

Pra Barn Wall Active Member

Hello,

I am looking for Oracle EAM 12 student guide. Can someone help me, please?

I truly appreciate the help. Please send me on pbarnwal@gmail.com.

If you don't have, kindly refer me where i can get it... Thank you in advance...

6. Rabih

Rabih Premium Member

7. Mosunmola

Mosunmola Active Member

Hello Everyone, am new here, and am trying to get BR 100 for EAm, please can anyone help me one? Thanks in advance