1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Enterprise Asset Management Work Order Workflow

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by Julian, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Julian

Julian Forum Advisor

i am looking to implement workflow for work order so that when a work order is released, it requires an approval before transactions can be done.

I read the user manual and it says that there is a seeded workflow for achieving this. do i need to open the workflow file and modify it? because i couldn't find any settings which can enable this workflow. any help will be appreciated

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

R12 provides a seeded workflow for setting up approval for EAM Work Order Release. You need to do a few things. Firstly you need to configure Approvals Management.
    1. Under the EAM responsibilty Goto Setup-->Parameters and tick "Enable workflow for Work Orders"
    2. From, AME Business Analyst responsibilty setup approvals Group for the transactio type: EAM Work Order Release Approval. A simple way would be to select the person_id of the department approver.
    3. If your approver is Department approver in step abovvem then setup a Department Approver from frontend. Goto Setup-->Department Approvers and select the EAM responsibilty and setup approvers department wise.

Now create a WO and try releasing it. You will find that the pending box below Status gets ticked automatically and it's non-updateble. The Work Order status becomes Released-Pending.

A notification would have gone to your approver asking him to approve.

Hope this helped... cheers! :D

3. freakometieran

freakometieran Active Member

Re: Enterprise Asset Management-PM

hi,

Can u please send me a document relating to Preventive maintenance Work Order and it flow in release 12

Thanks
    Din

4. Sadik

hi can u tell me what you need to know about PM flow, then I can help u

5. freakometieran

freakometieran Active Member

Re: Enterprise Asset Management Work Order

I need to know whether we can re-schedule the dates of the remaining work order in PM depending on the completion of the first work order.. Whether it's possible in front end or we need to customize at the back end

can u get me??????

Thanks
    Din

6. Sadik

hi Din if you have already run the Generate Work Orders then all the work orders already created, their scheduled date will need to be manually changed by opening the work orders. However you can always change the PM schedule to generate new work orders.

7. egyman1985

egyman1985 Active Member

Dear Sadik,
    Can i send the notification for the work order to another user after approval from authorized person ?

8. fazliq

fazliq Starter

We are direct provider for BG/SBLC specifically for lease, at leasing price of (6.0 + 2)% of face value, Issuance by HSBC Bank London , Barclays Bank London , Deutsche Bank, & AAA Rated Banks
    Our BG/SBLC Financing can help you get your project funded, financing by providing you with yearly renewable leased bank instruments. Wework directly with issuing bank lease providers, this Instrument can be monetized on your behalf for 100% funding: For further details contact us with the below information.

Skype ID: fdkadvisory
    Email : fdkadvisory@gmail.com

Intermediaries/Consultants/Brokers are welcome to bring their clients
    and are 100% protected. In complete confidence, we will work together
    for the benefits of all parties involved.

Thank