1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Enforce UCM to use Profile instead of Standard when Checking In Similar

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by vibecy, Mar 22, 2010.

1. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

On a more serious question now (which I cannot find a solution),

My Content Profiles work properly, but when I try to Check In Similar, I get a Standard Check In Page instead of the Content Profile page, which is a no-go.

How do I enforce UCM to use a proper Content Profile when clicking on Check In Similar?

R,
    v

2. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

I know what needs to be done and I don't know how to do it!

If I add on the URL the following parameters at the end:

&dpTriggerValue=HISTORICAL&dpDisplayLabel=HISTORICAL

It works properly!

Question now is - how to I override the "Check In Similar" and "Update" links in the Content Information Page?

Help would be much appreciated!

3. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hmmm, the reason profiles don't get selected in Check In similar is that the Content Server does not know which profile to use. You may argue that you want to use the same profile as the content you just checked in. The only way to do so as you have discovered is to pass the profile trigger value to the check in similar service call. If you want to do so, you will have to modify the service call for check in similar service and add the profile trigger parameter. I can look up the exact service name for you so that you can find the files to modify.

4. Sadik

Also again the problem would be, on the check in similar page (after one content has been checked in) the profile trigger value may be lost (I am not sure). So even if you find a way to modify the service call, which profile trigger value to pass may be another problem.

5. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

Sadik,

Just a thought - How about creating a hidden metadata field which would store the Trigger Value, and then use that value to pass as the override of the service call?

6. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

The Check In Similar must be CHECKIN_SIMILAR_FORM and the Update is GET_UPDATE_FORM.

The other values needed are seen in my 2nd post.

Thank you in advance Sadik!

7. Sadik

Hi Vibecy

I didn't have a stellent box at hand when I was replying to you earlier. I just got one and I saw that the check-in similar was in fact remembering the profile selected! From how you described the problem I presumed that's standard functionality but I was wrong. I just tested this out on a stellent box. The profile is remembered both on Update and Check in similar service calls.

To be even more sure I researched on Metalink and this is what I got from Metalink Note ID 450027.1

So if your profile value is not being remembered, there is something wrong with your system and you should raise a service request. Sorry for coming to a wrong conclusion previously.

8. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

Hmm the plot thickens..

I am using a "staging" area for checking in content (aka the black hole check-in) http://blogs.oracle.com/kyle/2009/08/ucm_black_hole_check_in.html , as there are levels of users that can only check in content.

I created two Rules for each profile, e.g. HistoricalCHECKIN and HistoricalNORMAL, which changes the security group through self-export and import. The reasoning for two profiles is that the check-in page uses HistoricalCHECKIN, whilst the Search Page uses HistoricalNORMAL. Each profile only has actions relative to a function, e.g. the HistoricalNORMAL is only for Searching and Content Information. Those two rules are in turn added under a Profile, e.g. HistoricalPROFILE.

The Profile is triggered by a single Trigger field (e.g. Historical value).

If my understanding is correct, when Check In Similar, it should use the HistoricalCHECKIN Rule under the HistoricalPROFILE.

Do you reckon there is a possibility that the system is confused about which Rule to use? (Remember, Content Information uses HistoricalNORMAL).

Thank you anyway for all the help Sadik, you saved me a lot of times.

9. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

I added a question on the OTN forums, in case anyone else experienced this.

10. Sadik

Hmmm, if i understand you correctly, you have two rules

1. HistoricalCHECKIN
    2. HistoricalNORMAL

Now you have one Profile HistoricalPROFILE which includes both of these rules. Now what you want to do is execute only rule 1 on check-in page and execute only rule 2 on search page. Did i understand you right?

If yes, how are you restricting rule by check-in and search pages? by link personalization on profiles?

In either case that should not be a problem. Your check in similar should remember the trigger profile value.

11. vibecy

vibecy Active Member

On the activation condition of each rule I select the appropriate values, i.e. for HistoricalSEARCH I select only the Content Information and Content Serarch check boxes. I confirmed that each rule is activated properly upon Check In (or Search), as I use different security groups for each one (black hole mentioned above).

I followed the hands-on tutorials from MarkH up to a point. Do you reckon I am missing something/doing something wrong?

R,
    v

12. sally

sally Guest

i want to take your advice in my case ; i need to customize the active_document_contribution.jsp in "portlet suite" and display check-in profile page i created in UCM instead of the standard check-in page , can i do that ???

thanks alot in advance