1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Enable maintenance mode in oracle apps to apply patch

Discussion in 'General' started by tomloera, Sep 6, 2011.

1. tomloera

tomloera Forum Expert

Hello friends;

I need apply patch and need Enable the Maintenace Mode for this, anyhting help me?

¿How I can call the menu of Change Maintenance Mode?

Thanks a lot by your help
    Regards
    Tom

2. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

Hi Tom,

You can enable maintenance mode either by using Ad utility (adadmin) or OAM (oracle applications Manager)

To enable Maintenance Mode by adadmin, login to shell on the server by putty or similar utility and apply your environment file and then start adadmin.

In the ADAdmin utility you will get a main menu where you can select to change to maintenance mode.

When you Enable or Disable 'Maintenance Mode', adadmin will execute the script:

$AD_TOP/patch/115/sql/adsetmmd.sql sending the parameter 'ENABLE' or 'DISABLE' : (this was for my 11i instance)

When adsetmmd.sql runs, it sets the Profile Option 'Applications Maintenance Mode' (APPS_MAINTENANCE_MODE) to 'MAINT' to Enable 'Maintenance Mode' and to 'NORMAL' to Disable it.

After your patch application is done you can again disable the maintenance mode by using adadmin.

Also to see that maintenance mode is indeed enabled executing the following query in your apps schema

sqlplus apps/apps
    SQL> select fnd_profile.value('APPS_MAINTENANCE_MODE') from dual;

The Query will return MAINT if maintenance mode is enabled else it will return NORMAL.

Also remember that Maintenance Mode is only needed for AutoPatch Sessions. Other AD utilities do not require Maintenance mode.

3. tomloera

tomloera Forum Expert

apps_expert;

Thanks a lot by your help my friend your information is very clear

Regards
    Tom