1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Enable a specific field on app and make it editable and required

Discussion in 'Oracle Application Express (APEX)' started by shemo, May 6, 2015.

1. shemo

shemo Active Member

Good day,

I need your help and support in the below
    Oracle personalization: I need to enable a specific field and make it editable and required so i used the below properties:
    "
    ENABLED,ENABLED (APPLICATIONS COVER),ENTERABLE,ENTERABLE (APPLICATIONS COVER),
    ALTERABLE (APPLICATIONS COVER),ALTERABLE_PLUS,ALTERABLE_PLUS (APPLICATIONS COVER),
    REQUIRED,REQUIRED (APPLICATIONS COVER),REQUIRED (ITEM-INSTANCE)
    "
    but every time I insert a value in that field and save the data the value disappears :s

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

To get further help on this you're gonna have to provide more information. Specifically, which version of the EBS suite you're on, the EBS Application and the Form name. Personalizations are not generally equivocal across the board w/ respect to the allowed operations. Hopefully, people will be able to find your question...you posted under Site Announcements and Feedback rather than the grouping specifically for EBS applications.

HTH

CJ

3. shemo

shemo Active Member

Application : Purchasing
    Responsibility : TEData_Purchasing_Manager
    Security Group : Standard
    RDBMS : 10.2.0.5.0
    Oracle Applications : 12.0.6
    Approval Groups form
    Block.Feild name: PO_CONTROL_RULES.AMOUNT_LIMIT

4. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Can you please share the Approval Groups Personalization Page screenshots. Provide screenshots for Both tabs (Actions Tab and properties Tab) from Personalization Form Page.

5. ramprasad.cgs

ramprasad.cgs Active Member

hi frnds, can anyone tell me how to add one extra field in po form

6. jagadekara

jagadekara Forum Guru

7. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

In regards to adding a custom field to an Oracle core form...it's a very bad idea. If, as the link supports, you are adding a new info type or extending a flex field then go ahead. Modifying the core form to support a new field will be a colossal mistake. It is far better to create a custom extension form to support the requirement.

If you still desire to pursue such a venture, don't forget to factor in the constant maintenance and re-testing as Oracle overwrites your changes every time a patchset touches that object. As they say in the horror flicks ... "Don't open the door, don't open the door, DON'T OPEN THE D*....auuuuuugh!" ;-)

CJ