1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

electronic signature in ucm via java

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by ihsankocak, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ihsankocak

ihsankocak Active Member

Hi, i am new to Oracle Products and documentation.I looked up the documentation but it does not give a clear idea at least for me.my question is:
    how can we use java code in ucm for making electronic signature.
    user will download the document, he will electronic signature the document and put the document in ucm again.
    if u can give sample code i would appreciate.thanks.

2. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Search for "Oracle ridc documentation". ridc is a java library that provides access to the server. You will most likely end up using the services CHECKOUT_BY_NAME and CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL to check the documents out and back in.

(Sorry, I don't have sample code I can give you, but I believe that there is sample code referenced in the documentation you will find.)

ihsankocak likes this.
  3. ihsankocak

ihsankocak Active Member

OK. Thank you very much.i saw that document before but i will look it again

4. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

I did a quick search for sample code, and there seems to be quite a bit of it out there. What you are trying to do is pretty simple, so it should be easy to get the job done.

ihsankocak likes this.
  5. ihsankocak

ihsankocak Active Member

i looked at Oracle's RIDC document.i coded what they coded.while it should return some result, it doesn't.but there are no exception or error mesage but info messages:
    08.DEC.2010 09:22:17 org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor selectAuthScheme
    INFO: basic authentication scheme selected
    08.DEC.2010 09:22:17 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector processWWWAuthChallenge
    INFO: No credentials available for BASİC 'Idc Security /idc/idcplg'@172.18.14.110:80
    it says no credentials available for basic ...
    what is the problem?have you ever encountered this problem?

refrigerantcomp likes this.
  6. ihsankocak

ihsankocak Active Member

i fount the problem.i used wrong object it is my simple fault.thank you

7. ihsankocak

ihsankocak Active Member

my manager said that RIDC is not appropriate for our application since electronic signature process is part of UCM not java.so, there is a choice of custoö components for using java in ucm, but unfortunately it is very difficult there are many files to be created.is there any other method beside these methods?

8. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

I'm confused by what you want to do. Originally, you made it sound like you want to check out a file, sign it, and then check it in. Are you now saying that you want to have the server sign the files? If so, would you be doing this on check out or check in?

Creating custom components actually isn't that hard. It seems like it's hard when you start out, but it really isn't.

ihsankocak likes this.
  9. ihsankocak

ihsankocak Active Member

while checking in, inside the server we will do signature issue.
    ass you said dcell custom component seems difficult but it is easy i learnt it.thank you for your encouragement

10. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Are you planning to implement a filter hook for validateCheckinData? If so, you will want to check for the IsSkipDocumentSpecificValidation flag on the service, and you may also want to not do the signing on certain services, like VALIDATE_DOCINFO.

ihsankocak likes this.
  11. guptaashu81

guptaashu81 Active Member

Hi , Can you please share the component for Digital Signatures on content to checked in UCM? I have to implement the same in workflows when the content goes to manager for his approval . the same content must get digitally signed by him. Or any java code for the same will help.

12. _live

_live Guest

Hello,

Have you found any component for this ?

13. refrigerantcomp

refrigerantcomp Active Member

The thread really of a helpful one.