1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

EBS 12 Certification

Discussion in 'Training and Certification' started by oracle3, Oct 27, 2009.

1. oracle3

oracle3 Guest

Afternoon All.

I hail from an IBM Websphere/Power5/AIX background (boooo hisssss ;) ;) ). I'm now thinking of moving over to the "dark side" and have recently been studying the installation configuration procedures for EBS 12 and related apps. The idea is to get certification in 1Z0-238.

The documentation is hard going and not being able to afford the £3000 price tag for a course , I was wondering what training material you chaps would suggest?

Thanks in advance for any assistance
    Cheers
    Chris

2. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Unfortunately System Admin Certification alone will not help and you will need to be hands on.
    The only way for you to get hands on is join an oracle training course (Official).
    This you should do after getting a good hang of Unix, SQL etc and other technologies that you will be administering or working with.
    If you straight jump into a course whether it is 3000Pounds or 10000 pounds you will be left desperately trying to keep your head above the water.

One more point, if you are planning to get Certified as a DBA inorder to get a Job, here is the truth. You will be disappointed. It will not help you a dime. The only thing they will ask you is how many years have you worked as a DBA and how many locations or users you managed? I do not mean to be negative. You need to be prepared to see the reality.

Now that you say spending money to get the knowledge is out of question, the only option left for you is to get somebody to agree to take you in as a trainee. But this is as difficult as nobody wants to let a fresher play in a production environment and I presume you are in UK where opportunities for apprenticeship are impossible to find (It was front page news that college students were finding it impossible to get a start recently).

You can collect material and try to read them but to get a practical hang of the stuff is what you should aim for. Note DBA activities are mission critical and if you fail you are out of the job. Hence you have to find ways of working around your financial constraints to get a quick start.

Other methods will work but time and tide wait for none. By the time you get the knowledge to work on say Release 12, Fusion will be in and Release 12 out. Such is the pace these days
    Hope this helps. I have given you a honest perspective. No beating about the bush.
    Ramji

3. Ramji

Ramji Forum Guru

Just check out the Jobs board for a post from Capgemini - Oracle Apps HRMS Tech with workflow - Mumbai and the specs. Will give you a better insight into what is expected in the Industry. A mere HRMS Certification will no do.

ramji