1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

eAM-Maintenance Workbench

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by freakometieran, Apr 28, 2009.

1. freakometieran

freakometieran Active Member

hi all,
    In Enterprise Asset Management- Maintenance Workbench, when forecasting work orders there are two terms 1. Run and 2. Simulate.. What is the difference between the two? and please tell me how does it works? please explain

Thanks
    Dinesh

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

hi, when you will click on the run button, it will show you all the PM work orders that will be generated for the selected asset and the dates on which they will be generated between the range you have given. This screen just shows the forecasted dates but does not actually create the WO unless you click on Implement.

The simulate button well is not used for most normal purposes, i myself have never had the occasion to use it.

3. freakometieran

freakometieran Active Member

hi,
    After selecting Run, can v able to change the actual start dates??
    the process am doing is after selecting Run, the scheduled work orders have been listed and am selecting all and implementing it..

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

yes.. when you click on run all it does is shows you which dates the WO will be generated. So if you want to change you will have to change the PM schedule you defined for that asset and run again for tat asset from Maintenance Workbench.

As long as you don't implement it, you can change the PM schedule to arrive at the date you want.

5. BOBONA

BOBONA Guest

HI, am getting an error when i click on implement to create a work order. what could be causing this?