1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Dynamic list to show content along with related documents content

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by mike.kenny83, Apr 23, 2009.

1. mike.kenny83

mike.kenny83 Active Member

Dear Experts,
    When I click on the dynamic list I should be redirected to a page. And this page should not only get the content from that document but also get content and show the content from other items on different parts of the hcsp page.
    I have created a dyanamic list and able to make it work with its default functionality. Like clicking on news , it shows me the content on the secondary page on a replacable region. However, now I want other items related to this news, like photos related to this new, awards this new item has received etc to come up on the same page. And the users should be able to click next icon and next news item should appear along with images and awards and so on.
    Can any experts give possible hints , thanks a lot in advance

2. ericb

ericb Active Member

Have you considered the component Related Content? When using this component, you can relate content to other content. Content Information of one item, also shows links to related content. Related Content is one of the extra's components of Oracle UCM 10gR3.

You can also consider using folders or content folios. If you use folders, you could checkin the news items in a particular folder and update the other content items to be part of the same folder.

You could also create a new custom item and update every related content with the same data in the specified custom item. When navigating to a new page, you could execute a custom query with the new custom item and the specified data. The result of the query will be links to content items with the same related content.

I hope I understood your problem and these suggestions can help you with your problem.

Kind regards,

Eric

3. guliflower

guliflower Active Member

where can I find this Related content component?

4. ericb

ericb Active Member

Related Content is one of the extra packages of the Content Server. See the Content Server 10gR3 directory and navigate to \ContentServer\extras. There you will find the RelatedContent.zip.

guliflower likes this.
  5. feliche

feliche Active Member

there services for related content