1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Dynamic List Linking to a Document 's Web Viewable (Web Location:) PDF File ?

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by tomrowe, Jan 28, 2010.

1. tomrowe

tomrowe Active Member

Dynamic List Linking to a Document 's Web Viewable (Web Location) PDF File ?

Hi,

I need to be able to link to a Document's Web Viewable (Web Location) using a Site Studio Dynamic list, instead of converting the Document's Native File: to an HTML Page which appears to be the default behaviour for this Fragment ?

Currently we are running Stellent Site Studio Version 7.7 the Native File: is a Microsoft Word Document and the Web Viewable (Web Location) is Adode PDF.

The hyperlinks to the documents in my Dynamic List are in the following format...

https://DMS.com/MySite/Documents/Content_ID

Which accesses a page with the Native File: Microsoft Word Document converted to HTML which is not desirable as the simple inline dynamic conversion is not making a very good job of converting our document's which have a complex layout. So how can I link to the Web Viewable (Web Location) PDF version of the document i.e.

https://DMS.com//stellent/groups/public/documents/Content_ID.pdf

which would be more preferable ?

I would have thought that this would be a relatively simple task to accomplish but have been unable to find a working solution in either the Stellent Site Studio documentation or User Forums. So any assistance in providing a solution would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Tom Rowe

2. toswari

toswari Guest

Re: Dynamic List Linking to a Document 's Web Viewable (Web Location) PDF File ?

Hi,

Try this url:
    /cs/idcplg?IdcService=GET_FILE&dID=8231&dDocName=TEST3&allowInterrupt=1

enjoy

Sadik likes this.
  3. tomrowe

tomrowe Active Member

Just following up on this old post ;o) I eventually came up with the following that does what I want...

<$strLower(SERVER_NAME)$>/stellent/groups/<$strLower(dSecurityGroup)$>/documents/<$strLower(dDocType)$>/<$strLower(dDocName)$>.<$strLower(dWebExtension)$>

Sadik likes this.