1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Duplicate rows

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by expora, Oct 24, 2011.

1. expora

expora Active Member

IF you point to otherwise ,the ruselt of a query contains all the rows of a cloumn.
    FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU SELECT THE DEPARTMENT NUMBERS FROM THE EMP TABLE ,THE RESULT DISPLAYS ALL DEPARTMENT NUMBERS, INCLUDING REPETED DEPARTMENT NUMBERS .
    Write
    Code (SQL):
    SELECT deptno FROM emp
       DEPTNO
    ---------

DEPTNO
    ---------

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Re: Duplict rows

I am not entirely certain what concept that jumble of words is supposed to convey.

Yes, that's the purpose of 'select deptno from emp' -- return the deptno value for every row in the table. No filtering has taken place, no restrictions on the result set have been enacted. I'm not at all certain what that example is trying to show since deptno is not a uniquely constrained column.

3. expora

expora Active Member

It’s some sequence tutorials I submitted for how want start to learn SQL please if you are expert and content it normal for you please don’t replay or add! and if you want to see complete explain check that link http://oracle-sql-tutorials.blogspot.com
    Thank you

4. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Your effort for sequence tutorial is very good. The way you start the tutorial is also good. But it will be better if you provide the real examples at last of the each section. So that for starters will get better idea what is Oracle.
    Yet there are some mistakes in the code, in you tutorial. Please rectify it . Otherwise beginners just copy and paste it in Oracle , and feels that Oracle is not working and also Waste :D. Good Luck....

5. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

Why can't you post these in Article section. I mean in single article. ?

6. zargon

That wouldn't force you to look at his blog.

7. expora

expora Active Member

to zargon

I want inform you that content of my blog for SQL i learned from a famous place in world, also I have 8 years experience i think you are Indian so you absorb what I want. good luck for you and I’m sorry to joint these forums , I promise you that i will go away from that forums because i thank you try to make a war with me. Good luck for you and all members.

8. zargon

I am not Indian nor do I 'make war' with you; the comments I made are all relevant as your blog contains many errors which need to be corrected. Anyone with 8 years of Oracle experience should be able to publish a blog and verify the content before posting.

9. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Let us stop the 'War'. Good luck to Expora.

10. rajavu

rajavu Forum Guru

There is no 'War' in this forum . I was a victim of war in one of such forums where I was a member for some years and that 'War' almost made me quit that forum (But still I post in that forum sometime). There was some big experts in that forum but some comments from 'some' users made me limiting my participation over there. But you won't faced any such harsh responses, I am sure. Zargon (David Fitzjarrell) is a senior resource and I am sure he will never intent to make you feel bad with his response. He just wanted to tell you that you can post your valuable piece of queries in "Article section" or you can make use of "Market Place" to advertise your blog if you are interested. This is the general policy of this forum. You posts are valuable for us and please make sure that they are in accordance with rules of the forum.

And Club-Oracle is one of the best user-friendly forums that I have seen. There are users and experts from different parts of world.Timely advice and necessary guidance and precise reply make this forum popular even among the freshers. Let us move ahead with same spirit and potential.

Bharat likes this.