1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Doubt regarding HCM minimum license

Discussion in 'Oracle HRMS & Payroll' started by alfaida, May 12, 2014.

1. alfaida

alfaida Active Member

Hi everyone,

Is it mandatory to buy full license of oracle HCM modules during the development and testing phase? I mean before the system be in the production.
    I know that the minimum license metric for HR is 100 and for Payroll is 500.Can I go with this number even if the actual number of employees more that this number.

Best regards

2. sfardin

sfardin Active Member

Yes you need to buy license before development and testing phase else you will not support from oracle

You need buy license equal to your employees in case they are more than minimum.

3. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

You DO need to license the product during development and testing if you have more than one person working on the system. Downloads entitle you to a single-user unlimited use license in most cases; when you have a development team working on the product licensing is mandatory. I would NOT take the previous advice of purchasing named user licenses for every employee in the company; you really need to talk to Oracle licensing to see the best options for your situation.

alfaida likes this.
  4. alfaida

alfaida Active Member

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply

Best regards

5. alfaida

alfaida Active Member

Yes indeed, the best way is to let Oracle demonstrate what is the best option for me.

6. sfardin

sfardin Active Member

David,

You dont need license for tools while development but for using/developing on Oracle Apps you need license. Infact, for EBS even development and test instance are licensed separately.

Al Faida,

you can please refer to Oracle for details but it wont be different than what I told before.

7. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

This is not a 'tool' and the license agreement clearly states the trial is for evaluation and testing only:

"I. LICENSE GRANT: "Program" or "Programs" shall mean the Oracle America, Inc. ("Oracle") computer software owned or distributed by Oracle and which you are accessing on this portal and for which you are granted a license under this Oracle Trial License Agreement ("Trial Agreement"), and any user guides and manuals for use of the Programs ("Documentation"). This Trial Agreement grants you the temporary right to use the Programs for evaluation purposes on your single computer designated by you. These rights are granted only to you and may not be assigned or transferred to any other party. You may use the Programs only for evaluation and testing and not for production use. "

Nowhere in that license agreement is development mentioned therefore if you are using the product for development, according to this agreement, you need to purchase a license.

8. sfardin

sfardin Active Member

David

Is it mandatory to buy full license of oracle HCM modules during the development and testing phase? I mean before the system be in the production.

This means the alfaida intends to use the system for production purpose.
    ERP package like Oracle HCM needs to be implemented before deploying in PROD. Which includes your development, configuration and testing..

Looking at your comments , It seems you have never dealt with Oracle for purchasing license for ERP.
    Please refrain from giving wrong advice to users.

Alfaida
    I'm pretty sure of the licensing policy of oracle especially when I deal with them almost everyday. However you can verify yourself by consulting Oracle and let everyone in the forum know the truth.