1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Does anyone knows about mysql thin driver like oracle have for JAVA connectivity

Discussion in 'MySQL Forums' started by haraprasad, Jul 21, 2009.

1. haraprasad

haraprasad Active Member

I know about oracle thin driver.
    Currently I am using mysql ODBC driver
    but does anyone knows about this mysql thin driver, then please help me.
  2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

3. roars1111

roars1111 Guest

Oracle SQL Developer enables developers and DBAs to browse, create, and update data in a database. Before you can perform those actions, however, you must create at least one database connection —an Oracle SQL Developer object containing the information needed to connect to a specific database as a specific user.

This column explains how to make connections from Oracle SQL Developer to an Oracle Database and third-party databases. It also discusses authorization options for Oracle Database connections and explains the role of JDBC drivers in the connection process.

All the examples in this column require Oracle SQL Developer to be running on your local machine. For some examples, you need access to a running local or remote Oracle Database instance with the sample HR schema (available in the default database installation). Other examples require access to an Oracle Internet Directory server or a third-party database.