1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Document Management Solutions - Oracle

Discussion in 'General' started by Ada01, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Ada01

Ada01 Active Member

Hello

In my past life I was an SAP user and the company i worked for had a scanning software the linked to SAP so that we could scan a document (external: invoices or produced Journal Entry) and then link it back to SAP via key information (invoice date, document date, posting date, amount, reference numbers/names, etc). Now, i would lie to have a solution in place that would allow for the same thing in Oracle, but i am not finding what i am looking for in my searches.

Any thoughts on this?

thanks

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi,

Oracle provides Oracle Universal Content Management (UCM) as it's flagship content/document management system. Oracle also has a scanning solution called Document Capture which directly integrates with UCM. Now these are all licenses products. It actually depends on what your organization wants to achieve with a document management solution and what it already has running with whom integrations might be required when considering a Document Management solution. A solution could vary from something as simple as storing xml in oracle database to having a full fledged CMS product to maybe building a custom solution depending on your needs.

3. Abigail111

Abigail111 Active Member

Hello Sadik
    I like your sharing.I am looking for a new document management system to help me.Because my previous doc mangement software seems not strong enough.
    And it always costs me a mount of money.So is Oracle document management system free to use?