1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Discoverer Desktop v10

Discussion in 'Oracle Discoverer' started by cbounthi, Feb 24, 2010.

1. cbounthi

cbounthi Active Member

I can't install the Oracle Discoverer Desktop v10 on a VISTA machine (OS version 6). Does anyone have the same problem and how do you resolve it?

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Just saying that you can't install it does not help. What are the steps you have done? What is the error you are getting?

3. cbounthi

cbounthi Active Member

During the installation, it checks for OS version 5.0, 5.1, and 5.2. Now VISTA is 6.0, which it does not support. Does anyone find a way around it?

4. salmankhalid

salmankhalid Forum Advisor

what i think that you have updated version of the your OS (Vista) that is why this issue, i don't know much about this but may bee you have to change the your OS (Vista)......

5. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi cbounthi

This is what I got from Oracle!

Since Vista came out mid-cyle of Oracle Discoverer 10g release, it is not currently certified or supported. Discoverer certification is currently underway for supported (i.e.- 10g) and in-development releases (aka 11g or whatever it will be called). Currently, there are internal bugs due to .dll and memory mapping/pointer incompatibilities. The certification will likely occur with the next full patchset (ie. 10.1.2.3) and next full release once the new .dlls are obtained from Microsoft and QA occurs.

Reference Metalink Note: 456426.1

Regards,