1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Disable a button at record level

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by NewApps, Mar 11, 2011.

1. NewApps

NewApps Active Member

Hi All,

I am new to Oracle Forms development and currently working on my first form.

I have two data blocks, the top block (Control) has an LOV and 2 date boxes with buttons linked to a calendar object.

The bottom block (Repairs) is where I pull back a list of records for the person selected in the LOV between the dates selected in the Control block. Within the repairs block I have a button to the right of each record called RESET. Now here's what I would like:

For each record in the Repairs block - If one of the fields in the block is null and another field does not = <criteria> then I would like the RESET button to the right of the record to be disabled or to be invisible.

I've tried putting this in the: Data Block – REPAIRS – Triggers – POST-QUERY but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS I'm using Oracle 10g

2. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Hi,
    Do you want to Disable the button on some criteria??
    Then you can use
    Trigger: Post-Text-Item
    and write a code and use set_item_property('item_name',enabled,property_true/property_false) depends upon the condition...