1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

DIS and Citrix a love hate affair

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by jason_m_Longoria, Dec 27, 2010.

1. jason_m_Longoria

jason_m_Longoria Active Member

So this is real brief. When you are using dis with citrix and you drag and drop a document in, the check-in works just fine, however the web-viewable link becomes https:\\blah.com%20contribution%20folder%20document. Well this link does not work and what happens is the 11g client (which oracle told them was forward compatible with 10gr4... makes no sense...) has a re-open after check-in box that's checked by default. Forces the client to lock up and crash. It never works with that client. However the 10g client works with no issue. but since the business made the 11g choice they will not go back to the board and say they were wrong we must trudge forward and make this work! So I have thought about recompiling the component to grey out the check box (if thats even possible) Kinda think that may be a violation of IPR by the oracle licensing. however that does not resolve the %20 issue. Now when we talk to the vendor the %20 is a deliminator for spaces or slashes. But they have no intention of making any patch. This is such a rare occurrence there is no value to the vendor to make the patch. I am at a loss for this. If I can at least take away the option to re-open after checkin they will suffice with the rest of the issue. Does not make sense to me cause they both go hand in hand but then again I am just the architect.

Thanks in advance
    all comments and ideas :welcome
    Jason M Longoria

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

%20 is for spaces. Even on a regular browser If you try to open a hyperlink to a file with spaces in it, the browser will convert spaces to %20. I don't have a UCM system on hand to test right now, but on the last 10gr3 system that i worked this wasn't an issue. My web viewable content was always a pdf generated through the pdf converter through IBR. If i were you I would try and play with different web viewable formats and see if it's doing likewise for everything. I can't imagine how you would be able to recompile DIS (if that's what you were talking about) and i don't think that's recommended.

Also i don't see why slash should be converted to %20, that's strange. Did oracle tell you that there's no patch when you raises an SR? Generally the UCM support guys are pretty helpful in my experience.

3. jason_m_Longoria

Thanks for the reply, yes the oracle folks are real helpful, but this only happens when you are logged in remotely using the citrix client. So that's why I am at a loss. if you are on the internal network there aren't any issues with the %20. Strange I know. Thats why we wanted to take the option to open after check-in away... in essence the document will still be accessible because its still opened.

4. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Could you give me the steps for trying to recreate this problem? It's not clear to me what you are doing.

If there's a hang or crash and I can repro it, I'd like to fix it.

5. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

BTW, would it be possible to get a Fiddler trace of the session so I can see what data is being sent to the server?

jason_m_Longoria likes this.
  6. jason_m_Longoria

I Do have that trace that you are looking for, however due to policy I would have to send that to your oracle address.

Jason.

7. jason_m_Longoria

First let me give you whats in place... so we have
    10gr3 update bundle 5
    the folders_g revision 77
    DIS 11g client and component
    citrix

The other portion of this which is where im seeing the issue, once you make the update to the path the vlookup becomes your relative path to the folder as I stated above. So if the user is going to be responsible for generating the URL, the business will not accept that as working. So if you can explain in detail, how we can manage the link without having to do any manual process that's great. They are cutting and pasting the url that is given by excel in the address bar. I was unable to get it it to pull the url from the data sheet and keep it. Otherwise it works the first time then the you get the errors mentioned above. which is where this becomes a dis citrix issue. The DIS/CItrix I know this is referring to the vlookup issue, but they are both hand in hand. Also how are we to handle the issue with multiple users trying to keep this document open, then no other user is able to get the vlookup data. Im actually workin with Lee on the support team so if you have any insight please please get involved! Thanks a ton ... I know this is kinda short but Im on a call.

Thanks
    Jason