1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Different users Authorization

Discussion in 'Oracle Application Express (APEX)' started by Vikram S, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Vikram S

Vikram S Active Member

Hi Guys,

The requirement is like this:

There are N number of users say Admin, User1, User2 User3 etc.. Except admin rest all users should have access to only particular pages or tabs.

For eg. User1 should only be able to access say 101
    User2 should only be able to access say 201
    User3 should only be able to access say 301

I have already created authentication and authorization part. When i log in with different users credentials, i'll be directed to Home page. Instead respective users should be directed to the corresponding Page nos.

How to achieve this??

Please help me out regarding this.

Thanks & Regards,
    Vikram S

2. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

So you want different home pages based on the Authentication? It would be easier if your Home Page had navigation options based on the Authentication.

3. Vikram S

Vikram S Active Member

Yes!

I did that but facing new prob. It's not redirecting to corresponding pages when i log out and log in with respective user credentials.
    It works fine when i got log in page(101) through URL by entering 101 in the URL itself.

The problem is session id is remaining same after log in and log out.

Please help me in solving the issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Vikram S

4. DTSIGuy

DTSIGuy Forum Advisor

I won't get into the URL tampering thing...that's a different issue.

The easy way to get around this is to create some groups. Once you've done that, assign ALL of your users for this application to a SINGLE specific group. In your Navigation List for the links to the destination pages, create conditions based on the group the logged user is in.

For example :

IF (apex_util.current_user_in_group(p_group_name => 'DBA')) then
    return TRUE;
    ELSE
    return FALSE;
    END IF;

This way the list entry DOES NOT appear if the user is not in the group...in this case, 'DBA'.

HTH

CJ