1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Different rule is activating while checkin from DIS

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by YogitaM1, Jul 17, 2012.

1. YogitaM1

YogitaM1 Active Member

Hi all..
    I have created one profile with 2 rules-
    1.for checkin
    2.for update
    When I checkin any document for this profile in UCM,then the appropriate first rule is activated,but when I checkin from DIS for the same profile,the second rule is activated instead of first one..
    Why this is happened??
    Thanks,
    Yogita

2. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

What do you mean by "checkin from DIS"? Are you doing a drag and drop, or checking in from Office? (Keep in mind that the "S" in DIS means "suite", so there are several ways to check in content items.)

3. YogitaM1

YogitaM1 Active Member

Checkin means I am using drag and drop of file in one of my folder of DIS...Then after dragging file it asks for checkin page..Now this check in page and checkin page in UCM are different means as I told you different rules are activating for the same profile...Please you tell me ideally which rule should be activated dor checkin in DIS either first one (Checkin) or second one (update) ??Please rply its urrgent..
    thanks,
    Yogita

4. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

OK, so that means you are using the metadata prompts page, which uses the ASSIGN_DOCINFO_FORM service, rather than CHECKIN_NEW. Could you tell me more about the two rules you've defined?

5. YogitaM1

YogitaM1 Active Member

Hi dcell59,
    There are two rules-
    1 : For checkin with say 10 fields,
    2 : For updates with just 6 fields because I don't want to change remaining 4 fields once checkin..
    As you have told I have enabled metadata prompt for contributions folder hence it asks for metadata prompt when I paste any document in the contribution folder..Now,which fields it should displayed??means according to first rule 10 fields or according to second rule 6 fields..???In my case ,It displays only 6 fields that is second rule..Please reply soon,its urgent...
    Thanks,
    Yogita

6. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Have you talked to a customer support person at Oracle? I'm afraid I don't have a lot of resources right now to try to debug this issue, so I need as much help from you as possible. Could you give me more info on the rules? Specifically, I need to be able to make the same rules. Could you supply screenshots of the dialogs with the rule definitions, or possibly instructions on how I can set up the same profile and rules you have?

7. YogitaM1

YogitaM1 Active Member

I have profile named-IT.
    3 rules-
    1 IT :-For checkin and search with fields Document category(picklist of values say IT1 and IT2),Document subcategory,Document Type,Document Date,Document Class,Document Status,Description,ScanDate
    2 IT-Edit :-Rule is activated for content info and update if Document Category is empty.Here Document category is not present.
    3 IT-Info :-Rule is activated for content info and update if Document Category is either IT1 or IT2 (not empty)..Here all fields are present
    Everything is working correctly when the document is checkin from content server..according to condition appropriate rules are activated...But while dragging and dropping the document in DIS,for checkin page, second rule is activated-IT-Edit instead of first one..
    Now please tell me where I am lagging??
    Thanks,
    Yogita

8. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

I think that this is a bug in DIS. We are discussing it now and looking at how to fix the problem.

9. YogitaM1

YogitaM1 Active Member

Hi dcell59,
    Have you checked it by creating the same profile with same rules and same conditions ???Are you also facing the same problem???
    As soon as the issue is resolved,please let me know..Its urgent...

Thanks,
    Yogita