1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Desktop Integration Suite : Transfer of metadata

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by pperee, Jan 13, 2010.

1. pperee

pperee Active Member

Thanks to the DIS, users are able to check-in documents through Microsoft Office applications.
    In my content server, I defined profiles for which the trigger is the document type.
    To each profile is associated rules hidding metadata fields or making them mandatory.

When the users use the DIS, it is the "standard" check-in page which is displayed with all the metadata fields. Because of that, the page is not very clear for the users.
    So, I would like to transfer some metadata to the DIS from the office applications (for example a custom property of the word document).
    But I don't find a way to do it.

For the moment, the only trick I've found is to define several servers on the user workstation. Each server is linked to the same content server. But, by using the "Remember metadata field", I link each server to a specifi document type.
    So each time a user wants to check-in a document through the DIS, he selects the appropriate server, the content type is defined automatically and the appropriate profile is loaded.

But, this way is not very user-friendly and require a lot of configuration on each workstation.

So, I would like to know if somebody knows a better way to realize this functionnality.

Any help is welcome

2. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Nobody answered your question, but in 11g, DIS supports profiles in the Office menus.