1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Deploying Reports with a Java EE WebLogic Server Application

Discussion in 'Oracle Forms and Reports' started by TrickShinobi, Jul 11, 2014.

1. TrickShinobi

TrickShinobi Active Member

hello!
    i'm not sure if this is the right category I posted this into. :O

I am trying to implement what is stated here "The steps in this section show you how to deploy a JSP report with a paper and Web layout using a Java EE application. To deploy your JSP report with a paper and Web layout, you can create a new Oracle Reports Java EE application. You can create this application in an existing instance or a new instance of Oracle WebLogic Server." link is below
    (docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/bi.1111/b32121/pbr_run003.htm)

but I couldn't find any examples or proper documentation about how to set up the servlet and what it should contain.

I want to access data from an oracle database(and later a non-oracle database, for now just for testing) and put it into a report that is shown on the browser, and a weblogic application should be involved. but I couldn't find out how the architecture and its components are supposed to interact. does the weblogic application (servlet) get the data from the database, then it passes it to the report server. then the report server automatically creates the report?

I am running a WebLogic 10.3.6 and Forms and Reports 11g on a Windows 2008 R2 Server OS.

I am thankful for any kind of suggestions and help!!

2. TrickShinobi

TrickShinobi Active Member

oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/reports/readme-087821.html

this is what im trying to do under "Servlet Runtime Architecture" or "JSP Runtime Architecture". But i have no clue how to implement it in a WebLogic J2EE application because there is no example codes or anything. :(