1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Dependent Lists for dDocType

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by guliflower, Mar 31, 2010.

1. guliflower

guliflower Active Member

Hello everybody.

My problem is the following. I would like to create a dependent list, based on the Document Type. In general case creation of dependent lists is not a proble:
    1.l I would create 2 tables,
    2. populate them with data with the help of views,
    3. then create a relationship between these tables,
    4. and finally for the dependent metadata field I would specify it as an option list based on the corresponding view and make it a dependent field, and then specify the field on which it depends and the relationship.

It all works for user-defined metadata fields, but not for system standard ones. When doing all uponmentioned for the Document Type, at the step 4 I simply do not see neither the dDocType nor any other system defined field.

Do you know, how this problem could be solved?

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Yes that field is not there in the parent field list. We needed something similar and ended up creating another custom metedata field.

3. guliflower

guliflower Active Member

Thank you a lot! I did the same and it worked out perfectly. I created a twin field for dType, and set dType as a derived field and InfoOnly. On the other hand, as dType is a mandatory field I had to give it a default value, which was further overwritted by the derived value of the twn field.

THanks!

4. sbhekuza

sbhekuza Guest

Hi guys

Can you please tell me how you achieve this in a step by step approach. Thanks.

Kind Regards

5. idcChris

idcChris Active Member