1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Demonstration Schemas: HR and OE Schemas

Discussion in 'General' started by alice.li.mastriano, May 27, 2009.

1. Hello,
    I recently purchased the SQL Fundamentals I Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-051), Complete Exam Preparation.

The book uses 2 demonstration schemas; HR and OE databases. How do I install it without the installation CDs?

I downloaded database 11g on Oracle's website, and couldn't find the demonstration schemas anywhere!

Most of the googled websites say that you can find the demonstration schemas on the website or on CD (Which I don't have), but I can't find it anywhere on Oracle's website.

Can someone please help me!!!

Thanks a bunch,
  2. tyro

tyro Forum Genius

Hi Alice

You should go through this document, it explains everything about the Sample Schemas, including how to install them.

Chapter 2 explains how to install the sample schemas. Basically you have to run some scripts like hr_main.sql and oe_main.sql. Please be careful that you need to install the HR schema first and then OE schema.
  3. bulc

bulc Guest

I had the same problem as Alice and noticed that Oracle Database 11g Express Edition doesn't come with OE schema pré installed, only the HR. Neither brings the necessary files for manual installation.

I was able to obtain the OE schema files in here:

And then follow the procedure on the guide that tyro mentioned (see post above).

Hope this helps anyone who cannot afford to download 2GB + install a different version just for a simple schema.

Sadik likes this.