1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Defaulting expense account

Discussion in 'Oracle SCM & Manufacturing' started by mohan3182, Apr 24, 2009.

1. mohan3182

mohan3182 Active Member

the Purchasing Expense Account defaulting in the Item Master has been inactivated in the GL. The GL inactivation is valid, however the setup that controls this account default in the Item Master was never changed.
    How can I know how the account is being generated... for ex if the default value is set by the Purchasing Account Generator / Workflow setup or elsewhere?

Thanks
    Mohan

2. mohan3182

mohan3182 Active Member

can someone pls help me on this????

thanks
    Mohan

3. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

hi mohan, sorry but your query is not very clear. What I understand is that you want to know from where the Expense Account for an Item defaults from in the Item Master? Am I right?

If that's what you are asking, the Expense account defaults from the Expense account defined in the organization parameters screen. Navigation is Oracle Inventory-->Setup-->Organizations-->Parameters

mohan3182 likes this.
  4. mohan3182

mohan3182 Active Member

thank yo so much for your response,

My question is ,,,i have an existing expense account for an item in item master. The account has been deactivated in GL (so any transaction would not hit that account). Is changing the account manually the only option from inventory setup?

thanks
    Mohan

5. mohan3182

mohan3182 Active Member

6. apps_expert

apps_expert Forum Expert

hi Mohan,

For the items which already have the deactivated Expense account, you will have to manually change them in the Item Master. Since you made the change in Org Parameters, new items when created will have the new Expense account. I am afraid there is no option to automatically update existing Item records. Either you do it manually from front-end or make an update in back-end if you know how.

7. mohan3182

mohan3182 Active Member

thanks a lot,,,thats the answer I was looking for,,,just wanted to have a confirmation on that,,,solves my problem.

Regards
    Mohan