1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

debugging procedure or packages using sql*plus reg

Discussion in 'SQL PL/SQL' started by laxman, Dec 25, 2009.

1. laxman

laxman Forum Expert

Dear all,
    I am new to oracle, can any body provide me some information related to this below issues.

a) suppose i have created a procedure using sql*plus tool then next day i wanted to debug or modify my stored procedure.
    Then what could approach using sql*plus

b) same case if we consider for packages then for any specific stored procedure or functions what would be the approach to debug or modify using sql*plus

yours coordination will be highly appreciate

Thanks n regards
    Laxman

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

These are not beginner's questions, these are interview questions. Where did you obtain them? Are these from a recent interview of yours? If you're new to Oracle why are you interviewing for a position far beyond your knowledge?

3. laxman

laxman Forum Expert

Dear Sir,
    Recently i have joined one company and as far as working on real time environment is concern i am completely new and i think i will be working on either sql*plus tool or sql developer tool.so i need some information for the same.
    Kindly do me this favour.

Thanks n Regards
    Laxman

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hello Laxman, SQL PLus or sql developer or toad for that matter are all tools to run your queries, code in oracle database. So what you need to understand is how to write code and not what should be your approach for the tool. Just buy any beginner's oracle book and it will show you how to write create, alter, update etc. statements on tables, procedures, packages etc.

While attempting such tasks if you run into a problem, you are welcome to post them here to seek insights from others...

laxman likes this.
  5. laxman

laxman Forum Expert

Thanks a lot sir,i will refer.

regards
    Laxman