1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Database Control in cluster environment

Discussion in 'General' started by Floridadba, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Floridadba

Floridadba Active Member

I am new to Oracle . I am trying to figure out how I can look at Oracle Enterprise Manager10g Database Control tool in cluster environment. Whereas same tool I was able to view in development servers. Please advise.

Thanks

2. zargon

zargon Community Moderator Forum Guru

Download the PDF from here:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10491531/Monitoring-Your-RAC-10g-Cluster-Environment

Install Grid Control and you should be ready. The Powerpoint presentation explains this fairly well.

3. Floridadba

Floridadba Active Member

thanks for the reply, Do I need to have a separate license to use this in production. Can I install this on a non production box and monitor production box as needed or this tool has to be installed on production box in order to monitor production.

4. zargon

The basic Grid Control installation requires no more than the RDBMS license for the database. Please read the powerpoint presentation as it answers many of these questions.

5. Floridadba

Floridadba Active Member

I already have a EM database control in production environment , so when I tried to open the enterprise manager database control it is erroring out with general message like "internet explorer cannot display the webpage". Please advise how can I use existing tool in produtcion. whereas EM database control is in development and I was able to access it with out any problem. Please help me. Thanks

6. zargon

It appears the management agent is not running on the EM repository server. Have you run

emctl start oms

on the EM repository server?

7. Floridadba

Floridadba Active Member

EM Configuration issue. E:\oracle\ora10g/abcPC01.abccorp.com_PROD not found.

I ran command emctl status agent and got above error. Please advise. Starting agent will resolve the issue.

8. zargon

You have a / where a \ is required; edit your location string and correct the problem then try to start the service again. Note I changed the startup command to start oms rather than the agent, although it may be necessary to have both running.