1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Customizing autoCustomizationCriteria SearchPage

Discussion in 'JAVA, SOA and Application Development' started by ac.arijit, Dec 28, 2012.

1. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi experts,

I've a searchPage where the QueryRN construction mode is autoCustomizationCriteria. I've taken some items in the simpleSearchPanel and also mapped them with table attributes based on VO attributes.
    I've got date range parameters in the simpleSearchPanel and a TransactionDate attribute in the table.

Now, I wanna know how should i do this to map the TransactionDate between nvl(FromDate,'15-AUG-1947') and nvl(ToDate,sysdate).
    I hope i was able to make myself clear. Plz mention it in case not.

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Ari,

Try to do this in Advanced Search section. It may not possible in Simple SearchPanel.

3. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hey Bharat,

Thanks a lot for replying. I'm relieved, Plz stay tuned and keep watching this thread until its resolved.
    Okay advancedSearch. Plz explain a li'l more, i've not actually used advancedSearch before. So plz try n explain how does it actually works first of all. I'm a complete newbie to this.

Bharat likes this.
  4. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Bharat,

Any updates?

5. Bharat

Hi Ari,

Will update you by today.. Sorry for the Delay.

6. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Bharat,

I've figured it out. There's no other way to do it than implementing manual search process.

The way its provided in the dev_guide we need to set the construction mode of the QueryRN to none and perform the interpretation of search Criteria and dynamically setting the vo query before finally executing it.

That's it.

Bharat likes this.
  7. Bharat

Hey Ari, can you please provide the solution briefly.. It will be helpful if you can provide documentation on it.

8. ac.arijit

ac.arijit Forum Advisor

Hi Bharat,

I do realize that i've just summed up everything in two lines, which obviously won't be much clear to everyone. Yes, I can provide a documentation, but i would insist anyone seeking the solution to please go through the Dev_Guide's Search Chapter Page No.498 sub-section Manual Search and Runtime Control for once. I believe its best explained in the dev_guide, i don't think i'll be able to provide a better explanation than the dev_guide. It made the concept clear to me, so i guess the same goes for others also.

Atleast check it out n give it a try. If still not clear then ok i'll take some time out for the doc preparation.

9. Bharat

Hi Ari,

May be that dev_guide doesn't have any screenshots right?? If so then that should be fine. If not please provide the documentation if you have done that, else leave it. Will try it out from that Dev_Guide itself.

Is that Dev_guide exists in our documents section? If so please provide the link here else upload that document to the documents section and provide the link here.