1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Custom Query VS View efficiency

Discussion in 'Oracle Discoverer' started by sneha.bharti, Feb 2, 2015.

1. sneha.bharti

sneha.bharti Active Member

Hi All,

I want to know that whether creating custom query in discoverer administrator and making report with that query will be more efficient (query run time wise) or creating view in database and registering in discoverer administrator and then creating report with that view will be more efficient.

Please help

2. RG Hegde

RG Hegde Forum Advisor

Hello ,
    As per my knowledge using view for discoverer report is efficient way. If we create a view, the view can be referred for some other reports.
    Recently I have worked on one Discoverer report migration and we have migrated 230+ workbooks but I dint see any report with custom query.

If a worksheet refers to multiple folders depending on the columns used in the worksheet discoverer engine generates a query.

sneha.bharti and ramprasad.cgs like this.
  3. sneha.bharti

sneha.bharti Active Member

Thank You so much for your reply Mr. RG Hegde.I appreciate it.
    Apart from this ,just want to know ,will there be any difference in query execution time for both ? and if yes, which one will take lesser run time.