1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

custom metadata fields are unuseable in filters

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by Vasu_Vemuri, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Vasu_Vemuri

Vasu_Vemuri Active Member

Hi All,

If I check in content from web browser the values for fields x and y are been stored in the respective variables . But when I am trying the same from DIS the values are not useable in filter but are displayed in content information page.
    DIS use checkin Universal service to checkin.

Please let me know how to proceed .

2. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

What exactly do you mean by "I am trying the same from DIS"? DIS is a set of integrations, including Windows Explorer Integration and Microsoft Office Integration. Are you trying to check in a file using Check In With Metadata from the Explorer or something else?

What version of DIS are you using?

What are the names of your custom metadata fields?

3. Vasu_Vemuri

What exactly do you mean by "I am trying the same from DIS"? DIS is a set of integrations, including Windows Explorer Integration and Microsoft Office Integration. Are you trying to check in a file using Check In With Metadata from the Explorer or something else?

I am trying to check in mail from outlook or ms office applications like doc,ppt or excel file

What version of DIS are you using?
    DIS version i can tell you tom . DIS is working fine as i have checked in files and mails from DIS .

What are the names of your custom metadata fields?
    BusinessGroup and Company are the names of the custome metadata fields.

One more information i would like to share is that i am using preComputeDocName filter .

4. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Are "BusinessGroup" and "Company" the internal names of the fields?

Could you do a Fiddler trace and show me the contents of the entire CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL service call? This would tell me if these fields are in the service call.

In some versions of DIS, we filtered out fields that didn't have names beginning with 'x' or 'd'. I think that may be what is going on here.

5. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

I checked, and the restriction was that the internal names of the fields need to begin with a lower-case letter. If you change them to something like "myBusinessGrou" and "myCompany", you may find that they appear.

6. Vasu_Vemuri

thanxz for the quick response... :) tom i will test and confirm the same.

7. Vasu_Vemuri

Hi dcell59,

we are using the variables like this

newbusinessgroup = binder.getLocal("xxxBusinessGroup");

So i dont think the problem is due to lower case.

I think the problem may be because i am using preComputeDocName by which it is not able to retrieve values. Are there any filters which uses post compute filter instead of preComputeDocName filter.

DIS version we are using is 11.1.5

8. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

The service binder should have all of the values that were in the request. Can you get a Fiddler trace of the CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL request so we can make sure that xxxBusinessGroup is in there?

9. dcell59

dcell59 Forum Advisor

Also, is there a build number? There is more than one version of 11.1.5.