1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Custom layout schemes

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by krish7, Jun 22, 2009.

1. krish7

krish7 Active Member

Hi all

I am trying to create a custom layout and skin in UCM.

I tried copying the one of the layout folders and renaming it, as instructed by many in the forum, but it didnt work.(doent show up at all when I restart the server).

Also, I tried to install the Createlayout component. This displays two new folders in my weblayut directory, but doesnt either display in the profile page.

Can anyone help me how on how do I further make a custom layout ????

Thanks

2. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

You can create a new Layout by modifying an existing Layout. You can do this without a component and without knowledge of IdocScript.

• The first step is to create a copy of an existing skin folder. For example choose the skin in this Folder <UCM>/weblayout/resources/layouts/Top Menus/Oracle.
    • Give it a different name. For example MyOracle: <UCM>/weblayout/resources/layouts/Top Menus/MyOracle.
    • This folder will contain all of the images and CSS files needed to define a new skin.
    • Now restart the Content Server, this new skin will become available, but only for the Top Menus layout.
    • Next, navigate to the user profile page, and select the MyOracle skin.
    • This skin will look exactly like the Oracle skin. To modify it, you need to customize the skin.css file.

Hope this helps.

3. krish7

krish7 Active Member

Hi Sadik

Thanks for the response.
    But this doesnt work for me. I tried doing these steps, but that doesnt show up in my profile page.
    Also, I tried modiying the skin.css file. But each time the content server is restarted, the default gets reloaded. Is there any other location where the css is stored permanently?
    Or is that a problem with my settings??

Thanks again for the responses.

4. sam_co

sam_co Guest

Hello, I'm having the same problem that krish7 has, Is there any other way of creating a new skin and layout for the UCM?, I've already installed the create layout component, in the My profile section, it just shows the new "New Trays" and "New Top menus" layouts but neither have any skin in the list to select. I'm new with this technology and I would appreciate any help regarding this topic, Thanks.