1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Criterias for Mass Addition Asset.

Discussion in 'Oracle Financials' started by yingsras, Sep 6, 2012.

1. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Hi everyone,

I have a question about what are the criterias to make the assets are in Mass Addition.
    As I know, only check at track as asset checkbox in AP invoice?

I'm facing a problem that an asset is in Mass Addition Create Report then I have checked in the AP invoice
    and found that track as asset checkbox is checked and I think it's correct.
    But I have been informed that the assets which were using the same account as mentioned earlier have never been in Mass Addition Create Report before.

e.g

Period JUL-12
    PO have charge account = 12500
    then match PO with invoice , the account is 12500 and track as asset is checked.
    then run Mass Addition Create and this account "12500" is NOT in Mass Addition Create Report.

Period AUG-12
    PO have charge account = 12500
    then match PO with invoice , the account is 12500 and track as asset is checked.
    then run Mass Addition Create and this account "12500" is in Mass Addition Create Report.

I don't know if there is any creteria that I missed to check out.
    Could you please advise?

Thanks,
    Ying

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Ying,

Are you working on Fixed Assets? If so can you please provide me some basic things need to learn on it. The topic was new for me and currently we are working on this.

3. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

Bharat likes this.
  4. yingsras

yingsras Forum Advisor

I have found the answers for this topic in Oracle Support :

For the mass additions create process to import an invoice line distribution to Oracle Assets, these specific conditions must be met:
    • The line is charged to an account set up as an Asset account
    • The account is set up for an existing asset category as either the asset clearing account or the CIP clearing account
    • The Track As Asset check box is checked. (It is automatically checked if the account is an Asset account)
    • The invoice is approved
    • The invoice line distribution is posted to Oracle General Ledger from Payables
    • The general ledger date on the invoice line distribution is on or before the date you specify for the create program
    • If you use the multiple organization feature, your Payables operating unit must be tied to the same ledger as the corporate book for which you want to create mass additions.

Hope it's useful for you all.

Thanks,

5. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi Ying,

Just now started working on this. So just going through the Fixed Asset concepts. I don't have any idea on it. Actually Iam not much familiar with accounting concepts. So it make me difficult to come up with it. So started learning on it.