1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Creating Menu on the Home page

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by tejalmistry, May 21, 2009.

1. tejalmistry

tejalmistry Active Member

Hi All,
    How can add menus on the home page of UCM?
    I want to add menu called "Personal Folder" in the row where we can see Home,Search, Check In, My Profile options.
    This menu should link me to one of the folder in my Contribution folder. That way I can access my personal folder through the menu and no need to brows contribution folder.

If anybody knows the trick please share.

Thanks.

2. imsean

imsean Active Member

modifying the menu is tough. There is a standard functionality for this. Under My COntent Server, there is a the "My URLs". You can put a shortcut name and the URL of the folder there and click on update. This is user specific, so all a user has to do is first right click on the folder for which he wants to create a shortcut and select "Copy shortcut".

Then goto My URLs and paste the shortcut in the URL field and give any title. The shortcut will appear under My URL. So user can just click on it and he will be taken to the folder. No need to browse.

guliflower and tejalmistry like this.
  3. tejalmistry

tejalmistry Active Member

Thanks for the update.
    Ya it does work but then as u said its user specific and each user has to do it on their own.
    However being a sysadmin I would like to make it default functionality and dont want to ask user to do it.
    Whenever they login they should be able to see the menu which will be labeled with their user-id and when they click they should be navigated to their personal folder under contribution folder.
    To some extent your solution is going to work for me.
    Thanks any way.I appreciate your help