1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

creating .jsp file

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by amarpal.kaur@nvish.com, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Hi

I have query regarding rendition of layout. Once we run a site, all layouts of the site are rendered as index.htm . Is there any way to render the layout in any other format like index.jsp ??

Please suggest!!

thanks in advance,
    Amarpal Kaur

2. markH

markH Forum Advisor

If your page in the Site Studio has an extension of jsp or asp, SSPU will honor that extension and publish that page as .jsp or .asp. You should change the extension in Site Studio if needed.

To change, with your project open in Content Publisher, choose Application Options from the View menu.

1. Click the General tab.
    2. Under Default Output Extension, specify the file extension appropriate for your scripting language.(here jsp)
    3. Click OK.

I suggest you go through the Content Publisher User Guide which will solve most of your queries

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/...ebHelp-User/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

3. Hi marks

Thanks for your reply,

I am confused between 'site studio publishing utility' and 'Oracle Publisher'. Are these two same or different applications?

Like in 'Oracle Publisher' they talk about 'Site Builder' while we are using 'Site Studio', are these two are also same or different?

Are 'Oracle Publisher' and 'Site Builder' just generic terms??

May be i am wrong at my understanding!!

Please clarify my doubt.

thanks in advance
    Amarpal Kaur

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

hi amar, content publisher is to publish content when you are using Oracle Content Portlet Suite. Since you are using only Site Studio you would be typically using the SSPU or Site Studio Publisher. It is not the same as the Oracle Content Publisher.

Regarding the extension, site studio should publish the jsp files in the same extension. There is something called preferred file extension setting somewhere, which was for setting extension of files where extension is not available b y default. Look that setting up.

5. Hi

I tried using 'Preferred Page Extension' setting but no result..... :(
    Its still publishing site pages with .html extension. I am attaching screen shot of my setting. Am i wrong at some settings???

Attached Files:

6. markH

markH Forum Advisor

Hi Amar please refer to Metalink Note 446220.1

The preferred page extension is not a feature to change the existing page extension. For example, if your page in the Site Studio has an extension of jsp or pdf, the SSPU will honor that extension. You should change the extension in Site Studio. If SSPU was to change the extension, imagine the pdf, jpg, doc, jsp all would change to html.

The preferred page extension is used when a published item does not have an extension by default. As in the case of queries or custom Idc commands which return a page/item with no extension. Also, it is used to show dynamic (query) lists spanning over multiple pages etc etc....

The correct place to change page extension is in Site Studio.

The SSPU feature is to provide a page extension where there is none specified. The "index.htm" is a default value generated by Site Studio and so is "specified" as far as SSPU concerned.

In Site Studio Designer, edit the "URL Page Name" property for each section to assign a different landing page name. (e.g. "index.html", "default.html" etc.)

This needs to be done for every section you want to adjust.

There is no single place to change the Site Studio default landing page name.

7. Its working.... :)
    Thanks a Lot for your valuable guidance.

Regards
    Amar

8. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

you are welcome... amar... click on "Thanks" if someone's post helped you.

9. where is Thanks link?? I didn't find thanks link on page.....
    I would like to thank...... :)