1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Creating Dynamic Pages using UCM i.e. login functionality

Discussion in 'Oracle Webcenter Suite (formerly Oracle ECM)' started by amarpal.kaur@nvish.com, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Hi All,

I have a function requirement that I need to build a web site using UCM and publish it on an idependent production server using publishing utility. Till this point everything is fine, but i have a dout regarding login functionality. As my whole site is static except login.

What i understand till now is, once web site is published using publishing utility, the whole site is compiled to htm (static site), then who can i integarte login functionality in static page??

Please provide some direction to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance
    Amarpal

2. markH

markH Forum Advisor

Hi Amarpal, I don't understand, why can't users use the default UCM login screen. Won't the users be logging in and contributing content that will be eventually published?

3. Hi Mark,

Thanks for your instant reply

You are right, As a contributer user will login to the content server and would contribute the content of site. My requirement is:

Once site content is contributed by contributor and site is ready to serve on production server(Not Content server), Now There should be some way to login to the site so that some user specific information could be displayed on the site pages (Like welcome Amar).

How can i integrate this login function on a site that is created using Oracle UCM and published on a web server like tomcat??

I hope i explained you what is needed.

Looking for a solution!!
    Amar

4. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru

Amar you can develop such a functionality through JSP pages. UCM comes with an embedded Tomcat server. Read this thread for some info.

JSP Layout in oracle UCM stellent

5. Sadik

Sadik Community Moderator Forum Guru