1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

Create log of all rows which were seen by user in standard or interactive report

Discussion in 'Oracle Application Express (APEX)' started by darjan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. darjan

darjan Guest

Does anybody has idea how I can implement next functionality in Apex application?

I have to insert (create log) into certain table in database all rows which were seen by user in some standard report or IR.

For example:
    If some application report has more then 1000 rows, but user just can see 20 rows per page, I have to insert (into database table for logs) just those 20 rows which have been seen by user on screen. When user press next 20 on pagination button I have to insert new 20 rows (which are shown on the screen) into log table.

Thanks in advance.

2. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Vijayawada, India
    Hi Darjan,

Have you searched in the Oracle Metalink for this scenario ? or do you got any solution on this?
  3. ocprep

ocprep Forum Advisor

Orlando, Florida
    For the life of me, I can't think why you might have a requirement to do this. Understanding why something is a requirement makes it easier to come up with a solution that meets the requirement.

Off the top of my head, what comes to mind is a dynamic action on the 'Next' button that executes PL/SQL code to record the rows in the current screen. The specifics (or whether this would even be possible) I haven't attempted to work out. One of the biggest problems will be determining exactly which rows are included on the current screen of the IR so that they can be recorded (and recorded where I have to wonder). Since the rows viewed depend on the filtering and sorting of the IR, this can get very messy.