1. Get rid of all advertisements and get unlimited access to documents by upgrading to Premium Membership. Upgrade to Premium Now and also get a Premium Badge!

create function witn in line view

Discussion in 'Oracle Apps Technical' started by Abdalla, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Abdalla

Abdalla Active Member

how can i create function with in line view, I need simple exeample.

2. kiran.marla

kiran.marla Forum Genius

Can you specify more clearly about this ???

3. Abdalla

Abdalla Active Member

the exeample in line view : select ordnr from customer (select ordnr from csutomer order date asc) this sentax just in line view, Now i need to but like this sentance inside function. I have to start with create or replace function name_function . I hope you understand me.

4. Abdalla

Abdalla Active Member

the example in line view : select ordnr from (select ordnr from csutomer order by date asc) where rownum < 3;. This sentax just in line view, Now i need to but like this sentance inside function. I have to start with create or replace function name_function . I hope you understand me.

5. Bharat

Bharat Community Moderator Forum Guru

Hi abdalla,

The inline view is a construct in Oracle SQL where you can place a query in the SQL FROM, clause, just as if the query was a table name. A common use for in-line views in Oracle SQL is to simplify complex queries by removing join operations and condensing several separate queries into a single query.
    Ex1:-

Code (Text):
    select rownum as rank, ename, sal from (select ename,sal from emp order by sal desc)
    where rownum<=5;
    Ex2: -

Code (Text):
    select d.deptno,d.dname,e.empno,e.sal from dept d, (select empno,sal from emp group by deptno) e
    where d.deptno=e.deptno;
    please go through the above given examples for inline queries.